Unfortunately, this event has been suspended
In light of developments with the coronavirus (Covid-19), and after careful consideration of the potential risks, the decision has been taken to suspend this event. We will do our best to rearrange for a later date.
Further information regarding Covid-19 and RSC Education events.
This course is fully funded by the Royal Society of Chemistry and there is no charge to attend.
Participants will learn about:
- strategies and activities to support the teaching and learning of functional groups, their main specific reactions and the principles that govern reactions involving carbon compounds
- the common misconceptions and challenges that students experience with organic chemistry
Participants will be able to:
- apply a range of pedagogies to teaching organic synthesis and methods for determining the structures of carbon compounds
- explain reaction mechanisms to students
- choose models to help students understand and represent structures of carbon compounds
- identify common misconceptions and challenges and use knowledge to address them