Ideas for your classroom and teaching from our September 2019 issue
Here’s your quick fix of ideas from the latest issue:
- Investigate the composition and life cycle of compostable plastics, with two worksheets, for 14–16 and 16–18 students.
- Discover the roles of pH, solubility and polymerisation in paper preservation.
- Improve your classroom practice with these evidence-based teaching tips on using animations effectively and boosting your students’ self-belief.
- Boost your students’ confidence with these approaches to converting measurements and working with units.
- Letting students make mistakes can provide a valuable learning experience.
- Read the four strategies guaranteed to help students grasp reaction mechanisms.
- Find out how to devise definitions to avoid introducing misconceptions.
- Use these activities and analogies to introduce the periodic table to 11–14 students.
- Show students how to apply their existing knowledge to new contexts and scenarios.