Join Kareena and her superhero friend K-mistry and learn about the basic needs of animals and humans for survival
Produced by FunKids radio in collaboration with the RSC, this short chemistry snippet is great for introducing children to the basic needs of animals and humans for survival.
This podcast can be used as a ’hook’ when introducing the topic to your students, or at the end of a lesson to stimulate discussion about what they have learnt.
- Audio | Other, Size 4.71 mb
If you teach primary science, see the headings below to find out how to use this resource:
Children will develop their working scientifically skills by:
- Asking their own questions about scientific phenomena.
- Using appropriate scientific language and ideas to explain, evaluate and communicate their findings.
- Find out about and describe the basic needs of animals, including humans, for survival.
Children will learn:
- How the act of breathing contributes to lots of different activities inside the human body.
Suggested activity use
This activity can be used at the start or end of a lesson to stimulate discussion. It could be used as a hook into the topic of animals, including humans, and help encourage children’s questioning or researching skills.
If children are to research content further, websites, books and other sources of information may need to be looked up before the lesson, so that children can easily access quality information.
Primary science podcasts
- Currently reading