Ideas for your classroom and teaching from our July 2023 issue
Get the print issue
To receive bimonthy print issues of Education in Chemistry, sign up to Teach Chemistry. It’s free and easy to register. Plus, if you sign up by 18 August, you’ll get the September print issue.
Inspiration for your teaching
- Brighten up your 11–14 lessons with the colourful science of sprinkles and a chromatography practical
- Show your 16–18 students natural remedies that have led to breakthrough drug discoveries. Then get them to synthesise organic products like aspirin. Just what the doctor ordered!
- Teaching 14–16 gases and the ideal gas equation? Expand students understanding with these ideas
- Light up lessons with the fascinating chemistry of bioluminescent beasties
- Boost students’ writing skills and experimental understanding by talking about a grandparent
Sure-fire ways to sharpen your practice
- Add some fizz to your classes on kinetics and rates of reaction with this engaging demo
- Improve pupils’ retrieval and understanding of key topics by using sign language
- Solidify 14–16 learner understanding of metals and alloys with this classroom poster and resource
- Reel students in with 5 teacher-tested strategies to use videos effectively in your science teaching