Ideas for your classroom and teaching from our January 2020 issue
Kick-start 2020 with our help. Here’s our pick of the highlights from this issue:
- Discuss the role of trees in combating air pollution with your students and task them with a data analysis using real NO2 data.
- Show your students the Avogadro principle in action with this video.
- Consider the chemistry of batteries with this in-depth investigation into the science behind lithium-ion cells, their recycling and lithium mining.
- Get practical and develop understanding with this cheese-y approach to the enzymes involved in cheesemaking.
- Teach pupils to choose the right form of data representation.
- Encourage students to undertake independent research projects and give them a richer understanding of what it means to be a scientist.
- Help students overcome their fears and develop confidence in the lab.
- Use these handy ideas and worksheets to help 11–14 students get to grips with redox.
- Improve your students’ maths skills: getting to grips with ratio helps them analyse mixtures and do mole calculations.