Ideas for your classroom and teaching from our November 2019 issue
Nearly the end of term and tight on time? Then take your pick of ideas from these highlights:
- Discuss the environmental impact of our clothing choices with this DART worksheet on life-cycle assessment for 14–16 students.
- Make research into atmospheric change come alive with this article and hands-on activity for 11–14 students.
- Try this microscale approach to cracking long chain hydrocarbons.
- Delve into history to get students to appreciate the periodic table’s back story, and make it their best friend.
- Use these five approaches to help your pupils become better independent learners.
- Get students hands-on with these tips for measuring energy changes.
- Teach your students how to apply their knowledge to new contexts; and then get your 16–18 students to try it with this article and mass spectrometry worksheet.
- Instantly improve your teaching with this five-minute read on cognitive science.
- Kick-start your lessons with a summary slide and questions on the latest research.
No comments yet