Ideas for your classroom and teaching from our May 2019 issue
If you’re short on time and want to use articles from the May 2019 issue of Education in Chemistry, try these suggestions:
- Demonstrate kinetics with this simple, safe and cost-effective experiment.
- Help students solve problems by modelling the decision-based learning approach.
- Explore models and avoid misconceptions to help students understand different atomic representations.
- Introduce the science of flavour with a maths worksheet and a practical extracting limonene.
- Bring current research into the classroom and science club with these tips and lesson starter slides.
- Use these ideas and activities to develop students’ understanding of particle theory.
- Promote fluency in writing and reasoning with a DART worksheet and debating ideas.
- Prepare your students for exam questions with these tips on understanding command words.
- Scaffold mole calculations to build students’ confidence.