Study analytical techniques and put them into practice using these Schools’ Analyst experiments
The topics covered in each paper are:
- Atomic emission spectra determination of sodium
- Titrimetric analysis of silver
- Sugar estimation by refractometry
- Caffeine quantitation by HPLC analysis
- Phosphoric acid estimation by acid-base titration
Please note: these experiments were designed to be carried out in an undergraduate laboratory. Therefore if you are adapting them for use in a school you must always comply with your employer’s procedures and in some cases may decide that a particular activity is inappropriate in your situation. Further information on Health and Safety should be obtained from reputable sources such as CLEAPSS in England, Wales and Northern Ireland and, in Scotland, SSERC.