We are licensed by the Science Council to award CSciTeach to eligible members. If you are not yet a member of the Royal Society of Chemistry, start an application for membership today.
CSciTeach is awarded across all sectors of science teaching, from primary schools to higher education institutions to museums.
To be eligible to apply for CSciTeach you must:
- hold a Royal Society Chemistry accredited degree, or equivalent
- hold a masters level qualification in education or pedagogy, or have a minimum of four years’ appropriate experience of teaching science, including additional responsibilities, over the past two years
- provide evidence of meeting the required competence standards in order to demonstrate your impact on science teaching and learning
- be a Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry (MRSC) or Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (FRSC)
A key requirement for holding chartered status is that you must demonstrate your commitment to continually maintaining and updating your professional expertise and competence. After being awarded CSciTeach, you will be expected to revalidate your status annually by providing your CPD record for formal review.
Your CPD should be a mixture of learning activities relevant to current or future practice and should normally include activities in at least three of the following categories:
- Work based learning
- Professional activity
- Formal or educational
- Self-directed learning
Apply for CSciTeach
Please refer to the application requirements before completing the application form.
Support for your application
It is important that you identify a supporter for your application, who should be a close colleague that can verify the statements made on your application form. You also need to identify an independent referee, who should be a member of the Royal Society of Chemistry or another professional body.
This application cost includes a registration fee paid to the Science Council and a £20 administration charge that is retained by the Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Application fee of £66
- Retention of CSciTeach is £41 per year, paid along with membership renewals.
Information for supporters
If you are a supporter of a member’s application for CSciTeach status you will be confirming that the information they have provided is true and accurate to the best of your knowledge.
You should work closely with the applicant and be confident in their abilities, competence and commitment to professional development. You should offer advice to the applicant in preparing their application and help them to identify suitable examples of activities and experiences for their professional review.