Suspended RSC Education events
In light of developments with coronavirus, RSC Education has released a statement regarding the disruption of its education activities in the coming months. The list below provides a summary of the events affected to date, and will be updated daily.
A message to all RSC education communities and audiences
As the spread of Covid-19 continues in the UK, the Royal Society of Chemistry has taken the difficult decision to suspend some of its education activities. All events are under consideration, and participants will be informed directly of any specific decisions affecting them.
Given the rapid nature of how events are unfolding, we feel that it is right that we consider all the risks and play our part as an organisation in preventing further spread. The health and welfare of everyone in our community is at the heart of our decisions.
We realise that these decisions will affect and inconvenience many people, and would like to thank you for your support and understanding at this time. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
If you are organising an event and consider that postponement or cancellation is the best course of action at present, we will support you in your decision.
The list below provides a summary of the events affected to date, and will be updated daily.
Sarah Robertson, Director of Education and Professional Practice
Affected events and activities
- Spectroscopy in a Suitcase workshops – all cancelled until at least 30 June.
- The Top of the Bench final, due to take place on 21 March, has been cancelled.
- Chemistry Olympiad Round 2: The residential part of the UK Chemistry Olympiad (due to take place 26–29 March 2020) has been cancelled. An online event has been organised for Friday 27 March to enable the students who already qualified for the second round to participate, and these students have been sent the details for this event.
- Schools’ Analyst competition – all upcoming regional heats and the final (due to take place 17 and 18 June) have been cancelled. The competition will return in 2021.
- In-person professional development courses for teachers are suspended until the end of June 2020. A review of July courses will take place during May 2020. All online professional development courses are still available.
- Conferences and workshops – this decision also affects these events. Please consult this page for the latest updates on which events will no longer be taking place. The individual event page will also be updated to reflect any changes.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.