This is an introduction and overview to five Commerical Skills Modules for Chemists. It includes a briefing for students, presentation video, an overview guide and presentation for tutors and market research on employer needs.
The five modules are Innovation, Project Management, Finance, Chemical Markets, Feasibility Study & Project Pitch.
- Handout | PDF, Size 0.78 mb
- PDF, Size 1.46 mb
- Presentation | PowerPoint, Size 2.52 mb
- PDF, Size 0.79 mb
This resource introduces five Commerical Skills Modules for Chemists developed by KKI Associates and the School of Chemistry at the University of Edinburgh. The five modules are Innovation, Project Management, Finance, Chemical Markets, Feasibility Study & Project Pitch. Each Module has:
• A Student Task Briefing
• Lecture Resources, both as hard copy and online video
• Interactive Exercise(s) with Tutor notes
• Other Materials which might include extra videos, research papers or recommended reading
• Extended tutor notes with comments about the material, ‘pointers’ towards web resources, and examples of outputs at borderline, pass, and distinction level
This resource and its components are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.