Explore the basics of pH using this simulation. Add a variety of common solutions, modify the concentration and see the effects on pH.
pH basics simulationSimulation | HTML, Size 0.69 mb
PhET sims are fun, interactive, research-based simulations of physical phenomena developed by the PhET™ project at the University of Colorado. Conversion to HTML5 and tablet compatibility supported by the Royal Society of Chemistry.
Sample Learning Goals:
- Determine if a solution is acidic or basic.
- Place acids or bases in relative order.
- Describe on a molecular scale, with illustrations, how the water equilibrium varies with pH.
- Determine concentration of hydroxide, hydronium and water at a given pH.
- Relate liquid color to pH.
- Predict (qualitatively and quantitatively) how dilution and volume will effect the pH and concentration of hydroxide, hydronium and water.
No comments yet