Explore concentration with this interactive simulation. Add different solutes to water and adjust the controls to change their concentration:
Concentration simulationSimulation | HTML, Size 0.8 mb
PhET sims are fun, interactive, research-based simulations of physical phenomena developed by the PhET™ project at the University of Colorado. Conversion to HTML5 and tablet compatibility supported by the Royal Society of Chemistry.
Sample Learning Goals:
- Describe the relationships between volume and amount of solute to solution concentration.
- Explain how solution color and concentration are related.
- Predict how solution concentration will change for any action (or combination of actions) that adds or removes water, solute, or solution, and explain why.
- Design a procedure for creating a solution of a given concentration.
- Design and justify a procedure for changing a solution from one concentration to another.
- Identify when a solution is saturated and predict how concentration will change for any action or combination of actions where water or solute change.
No comments yet