Practice titrations with your students using these Schools’ Analyst past papers.
The topics covered in each paper are:
- Measure the concentration of ethanol in beer
- Analyse aspirin tablets by titration
- Analyse tri-sodium citrate in Boots Cold and Flu relief
- Analyse paracetamol in tablets by UV spectrometry
- Citric acid determination by acid-base titration
- Quantise paracetamol in paracetamol tablets using UV-visible spectrophotometry
- Caffeine quantitation in filter coffee by high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) analysis
- Determine the quantity of sunset yellow in tablets by UV-vis spectrophotometry
- Determine the quantity of aspirin in tablets by pH titration
- Determine the quantity of caffeine in tablets using high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)
Please note: these experiments were designed to be carried out in an undergraduate laboratory. Therefore if you are adapting them for use in a school you must always comply with your employer’s procedures and in some cases may decide that a particular activity is inappropriate in your situation. Further information on Health and Safety should be obtained from reputable sources such as CLEAPSS in England, Wales and Northern Ireland and, in Scotland, SSERC.