This context/problem-based learning (C/PBL) resource is part of a collection we have commissioned for you to use with your undergraduate students. This 5 credit module is based on the following scenario:
After his car breaks down due to a catastrophic engine failure, an Australian billionaire sues Northland Petroleum (NP), the company that produces the oil used in his sports car. The billionaire threatens to sever all his commercial links with NP.
The Chairman of NP asks his head of technology to set up a task force to quickly investigate and respond. In teams, your students will be that task force.
- Article | PDF, Size 0.35 mb
- Editable handout | Word, Size 1.88 mb
- Editable handout | PDF, Size 0.89 mb
- Handout | PDF, Size 0.41 mb
- Presentation | PDF, Size 0.86 mb
- Presentation | PowerPoint, Size 1.52 mb
- Tutorial | PDF, Size 1.92 mb
- Editable handout | Word, Size 32.91 kb
- Editable handout | PDF, Size 0.1 mb
- Editable handout | Word, Size 31.74 kb
- Editable handout | PDF, Size 94.67 kb
- Tutorial | PDF, Size 2.16 mb
- Tutorial | PDF, Size 0.56 mb
If you want to modify the content of these resources then please make sure you are using the editable Word documents or PowerPoint files, which have the appropriate licences allowing you to do so.
If you have modified the content then please make sure that you have made the appropriate change to the licence wording (found in the footer of the Word documents or end slide of PowerPoint files). Insert the name of your newly edited resource and your name/organisation’s name into the templates provided in the documents (example shown below).
This resource [insert new name here], is a derivative of “A_Sticky_Situation_Student” by The Royal Society of Chemistry used under CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0. [insert new name here] is licensed under CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 by [insert your name/your organisation’s name here].