This website provides lectures, workshops and group work resources covering the topics Business for Chemists, Enterprise for Chemists and Intellectual Property. It has materials for tutors, students and a standalone online course.
This website covers three topics:
1. Business for Chemists – Introduction to the Chemistry based industries and how they operate (including basic buying/selling and financial skills)
2. From the Bench to the Bank – The process by which novel product/service ideas are generated and progressed to market.
3. Intellectual Property – How novel ideas are protected and their value realised
The website is divided into 3 sections:
1. Teaching materials for tutors (i.e. module convenors and lecturers), including lecture notes and instructions for running a Business Skills for Chemists course.
2. Supplementary learning materials for students enrolled on a Business Skills for Chemists course, including lecture notes and case studies for practising business-related skills.
3. Standalone learning materials for students who are not enrolled on a Business Skills for Chemists course, including mini-lecture videos and case studies for practising business-related skills
This resource and its components are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.