Quiz your students on their mathematical competencies
This Starter for ten covers the following topics:
- rearranging equations
- BODMAS (order of operations)
- quantity calculus (unit determination)
- expressing large and small numbers
- significant figures, decimal places and rounding
- unit conversions – length, mass, time and volume,
- moles and masses
- moles and concentration.
Developed by Dr Kristy Turner, RSC School Teacher Fellow 2011–2012 at the University of Manchester, and Dr Catherine Smith, RSC School Teacher Fellow 2011–2012 at the University of Leicester.