A question and answer sheet to test learner’s knowledge of periodocity
The topics covered in this Starter for ten activity are: period 3 oxides summary, reactions of period 3 oxides, and structure and bonding in period 3 oxides.
Complete the diagram showing the formulae of the period 3 oxides, their pH in water, the nature of the oxide and the species present in the solution.
Write balanced equations for the following reactions illustrating the reactions of period 3 oxides with water, acids and bases.
- Phosphorus oxide with water
- Sulfur dioxide with water
- Sulfur trioxide with water
- Sodium oxide with hydrochloric acid
- Magnesium oxide with sulphuric acid
- Aluminium oxide with sulphuric acid
- Aluminium oxide with sodium hydroxide
- Silicon dioxide with sodium hydroxide
- Phosphorus oxide with sodium hydroxide
- Sulfur dioxide with sodium carbonate
The full version of this question and answer sheet is available from the ‘Downloads’ section below. An editable version is also available.
Starters for 10: Advanced level 2 (16–18)
- Currently reading