Review your learners’ understanding of key ideas, words and phrases relating to quantitative chemistry
This resource features three versions of a worksheet on quantitative chemistry: scaffolded, partially scaffolded and unscaffolded. Use the worksheets to identify learners’ knowledge gaps and misconceptions after teaching or before revisiting these topics. Find out more about how to use this resource or download the worksheets now.
The quantitative chemistry worksheets cover the following topics:
- atoms and molecules
- elements and compounds
- reactants and products in a chemical equation
- simple chemical formula
- law of conservation of mass
- writing simple word equations
- writing simple balanced symbol equations
- calculating the mass of a reactant or product in a chemical reaction given all other reacting masses.
If learners successfully answer questions on these topics, they can attempt the extension questions. These cover:
- using the periodic table to find the relative atomic masses of named elements
- calculating relative formula mass.
Independent learning and metacognition
The ‘What do I understand?’ page is common to all worksheets. Learners are encouraged to develop independent learning skills and can use their reflection as a guide for revision. The feedback will also help you to identify areas where a whole class needs attention.
The teacher guidance provides model answers for each worksheet, plus guidance on learners’ common misconceptions. Learners can use the model answers to self- or peer assess.
- Investigate conservation of mass with two experiments in this video and supporting resources exploring the concept.
- Use this demonstration to practise weighing gases to calculate their relative molecular masses using the ideal gas equation
- Find more quantitative chemistry resources that accompany our on-demand CPD course.
- Add context and inspire your learners with our short career videos showing how chemistry is Making a difference.
Quantitative chemistry | student worksheet | fully scaffoldedHandout | PDF, Size 0.5 mb
Quantitative chemistry | student worksheet | partially scaffoldedHandout | PDF, Size 0.43 mb
Quantitative chemistry | student worksheet | unscaffoldedHandout | PDF, Size 0.4 mb
Quantitative chemistry | teacher guidance and answersHandout | PDF, Size 0.46 mb
Quantitative chemistry | student worksheet | fully scaffoldedEditable handout | Word, Size 0.26 mb
Quantitative chemistry | student worksheet | partially scaffoldedEditable handout | Word, Size 0.23 mb
Quantitative chemistry | student worksheet | uscaffoldedEditable handout | Word, Size 0.21 mb
Quantitative chemistry | teacher guidance and answersEditable handout | Word, Size 0.22 mb
Review my learning worksheets | 14–16 years
- 5Currently reading
No comments yet